How to authorise your hospital admission
To authorise your hospital admission, please phone us on 0860 100 693, from 7:00 to 17:00 during weekdays.
You need to give us these details:
- Your scheme membership number
- When you will be admitted in hospital and how long you will stay
- Your treating doctor's name and practice number
- Your diagnosis (ask your doctor for the ICD-10 diagnosis code)
- The procedure name and code, if available (ask your doctor for the RPL procedure codes)
- The name and practice number of the hospital or day clinic
- The date of the procedure.
If one of your dependants is being treated, give us all of his or her details.
You must pre-authorise for full hospital cover
If the event is authorized after the admission date, the account will be cut by 30% and the balance of the account will be paid as per the Scheme Rules.
See your doctor before pre-authorising your admission
Before you pre-authorise your hospital admission (unless it's an emergency or for a birth), you need to visit your doctor for an examination.